Reflexology is a complimentary therapy that is based on the theory that different points and areas on the feet, lower leg, hands, face and ears correspond with different areas of the body.
By working these points or areas it is believed that it can help aid relaxation, improve mood, release tension, enhance sleep and can generally help improve wellbeing, allowing us to cope better with the stresses that life can bring.
Every person is unique and some people find other things improve aswell - the only way to know if reflexology will help you is to try it!
Benefits of reflexology:
- Improved nerve function - increasing function and reactivity
- High energy levels - increasing metabolism and energy creation processes within the body
- Increased circulation - resulting in faster healing and re-growth of damaged cells
- Relaxation - opening neural pathways resulting in a more relaxed state in the body
- Elimination of toxins - improving bladder function and reducing urinary tract infections issues
- Nervous system stimulation - increasing effectiveness of brain performance
- Reduction of headaches